In 1864, the Jewish community in Libočany was transferred into Saaz. Synagogue Libocany was cancelled and it was purchased the house no. 638 in Prague Street (away from the Circle Square to the monastery, today Obrancu miru), which for several years served as a makeshift chapel. Religious items of Libočany synagogue were also transferred there.
About the founding of the Jewish community in Saaz reports the protocol of 20 March 1864 under the chairmanship of the head of Mr. Joachim Leder in house no. 638. Unfortunately, this protocol has already been lost. But the statutes of the newly established Jewish community are saved with the original 19th century registry office book in the regional archive in Louny. Due to the fact that the Jewish community in Saaz still growed it was decided by the chairmen of the community under the head of Mr Joachim Leder that a new synagogue will be built. For this purpose, it was purchased the building in Dlouha/Long Street no. 200. This house had a housing part and on the north side it had a facility part. This section was intended as a habitat of a new synagogue. Construction began in 1871 under the direction and according to the plans of an architecture engineer Mr Johann Staniek and already 19 March 1872 it was inaugurated and consecrated by Rabbi Dr. Abraham Frank. In 1911, the synagogue was renovated and new paintings were dedicated by the family of Fanny and Alois Löbl and family of Anne and Karel Glaser.